Touge Session

Test Commute

So today I had to do a test commute to my school to ensure that I made it there in time. I have to be there at 8:15 in the morning everyday. I have to wake up at about 5:30 to get there on time, how lame is that? Well its pretty lame seemings my school is a mere 6 miles from where I live, but that's the life of public transport. Its not that the trains or buses are slow, but rather the timing of them. If I don't make my first train, then I have to wait another 30min. for another one, and if I am late for that, then I am late for the next train I have to catch, then I will also be late for the bus I have to catch after the first 2 trains, so its a really big domino affect. I made it extremely early, about 7:45 is, but like I said, if I wait for the later train, then I would be lucky to make it there on time, if only my station had more trains running early in the morning. Anyways although it sucks it could be a lot worse. My trainer had 8 different schools to visit each month and many were over an hour away, which is about the average commute anyways, so I don't have it too bad. Trains are comfy and peaceful, gives me time to prep on the way there, and time to unwind on the way home. Anyways I took a small video and a couple pictures on my adventure home today, yes adventure, not trip. Everything is an adventure here, most the time I don't know where I am going or what I am even looking for, but I always seem to find it, or vice versa I suppose.

Anyways, some people are supposed to be coming to fix my video camera for my doorbell today around 1pm, so hopefully that gets all sorted out, not that I ever have any visitors to be able to look at, but it will be nice to press the button and pretend lol.




Comments

  1. Lol, jdm lil nyukkas runnin late

    fuji looks sick in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grams & Gramps4/11/2009 5:55 AM

    Hey Bud!
    You look like ur lovin it! I think the ocean is awesome. I could hear the waves while u were talkin and it felt almost like being there. Was that your school in the background? I know 5:40 seems real early (it is!) but if you arrive a half hour early it just shows that you are ready to work and gives you more time to get organized. A lot of our good teachers at school arrive quite early. I think it gives them more time to prepare. It gives that impression anyway! I liked the video of your apartment and walking up to it. I bet you lose weight with all the walking you do. You seem to walk alot. That is probably another reason why Japanese people are healhier than us. A lot more walking is good. Americans do not walk enough. At least this American doesn't!Hey, when you get a chance send us your address. I would have liked to have sent you an Easter Card. I'm sure you would appreciate some real snail mail too! Thanks, Bud for doing so well on sending videos and pictures...we really like seeing all the stuff. Have a HAPPY EASTER! Good Luck Monday on your first day of work! May the Easter Bunny be good to you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading your blog today. It really entertained me reading about what the transition to Japan is like. I added your blog to our blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bud cant be leave u stayed up all night to watch
    drifting and hang. pretty sweet though.
    I think u are really going to like the conv. of
    the USA when u come home, seems like alot of time
    to get places but I know u are enjoying it.
    Love u Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha you in the fricken vid, you look so akward talking in front of the camera just looking around haha. good stuff bud ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment