Touge Session

Food

So it's been a while since I have done a food update. I kinda miss it. It's not because I don't still eat predominately Japanese and foreign foods, its just because it really hasn't been anything too new or crazy. Today I had yakiniku for lunch, but I didn't take a picture. It was standard chicken, rice, soup, kimchi and water. I also got an ice coffee for desert for free. Oh I also ate intestine too, ut it was only 1 piece about 2 inches long so not too much really; it was ok just really chewy, I don't think I cooked it long enough either lol.. Tonight I set out walking like I usually do. I enjoy leaving my house with no idea of where I am going but just walking whichever direction seems desirable at the time. Anyways I had some tickets for free gyoza at my favorite ramen shop so I ended up there..no surprise lol. Today was a good choice though. There was an old man who spoke a little english who I talked to for a little bit. I used as much Japanese as possible because the owner/cook was talking with us. It was good practice and it allowed me to meet her. I told them that I am an English teacher and that I live close by ect. He thought I was navy, though I don't know why since I have long hair, I guess most people assume all foreigners around are military because it's so close to the base. I said that I come to the restaurant often and she was really glad to hear it therefore happy to meet me; it was really nice. ANyways I guess my studying has been paying off because I realized today I am understanding a lot more, as well as being able to read a lot more kanji on sign and things. I rode in the car with 2 teachers today for about 10 minutes driving around to see if everything was ok from the typhoon and I understood like 90% of what they said. Of course it wasn't difficult language really but still, it was a lot more than I was able to do a month or so ago. Anyways tonight I ordered gyoza (free), rice, and kimchi. It also came with miso soup and some veggies. It was funny because the lady repeated kimchi like 2 more times after I said it to confirm that that's what I wanted. I guess she was surprised. I never cared for it much up until a few months ago, but now I love it. Makes me wish I could eat the stuff Lourdes's mom used to make at home, I am sure it would be really good. Anyways heres a pic from tonight, using my coupons not bad for 400¥ =)

Comments

  1. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! that looks sooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had eggrolls new fried wontons yesterday. I wish you were there to enjoy it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment