Touge Session

Elephant Riding & Departing Chiang Mai

The day before I left Chiang Mai I rented a scooter and rode to a couple spots, one was this small waterfall area in the forest.  It was very pretty.


People put sticks up to hold weak areas, although t doesn't actually help it's a way to leave your mark.



I did the same with the sticks, mine is the big one in this pic.


Found a couple caterpillars.



Found this botanic garden area that had a "sky walk"





My last day I went on an elephant adventure.  This is a rescue center that bring in mistreated elephants.  You can ride, but only bareback, that way the elephant come to no harm.  My elephants name was Satien and I rode him for a little over an hour.  It was one if the coolest experiences in my life.  Seeing them in person is one thing, but actually interacting with them is another.  It was very humbling to feel so small and insignificant.  The elephants were really smart and well cared for.  I still have another month of backpacking, but this may be the best thing I will do.


I also cut up sugar can for the elephants with these two girls who are part of the long neck culture.  They add a ring to their necks every year after the age of 8 until they die, the neck can stretch out very long.



After riding we got in this pond and bathed the elephants, they were all pooping in the water so really it was like a big poop bath, but it was still really cool haha.


Group photo!


Comments