Touge Session

Nearby Temple and Shopping

I went to a temple earlier today only about a 5 minute walk from my hostel, same goes with China Town.  This Buddha statue inside was made of pure gold at one point, I guess since then it had been replaced.  Either way it was nice, I liked the ceiling in this place a lot.








This other one in the picture below is located in that other building I took a picture of above.


After that I went and did some shopping.  This area of Bangkok is up scale and they have big malls similar to ours in the states with all the high end brands, but that wasn't what I was looking for.  What I did go for was a place called Platinum.  All the local manufacturers and seamstresses sell their items at this place.  What that means is you can get fashionable cool clothes that aren't popular name brand, at great prices.  This place is actually on my top recommended shopping list, because its not filled with all the typical tourist junk.  Prices are also posted so you know what to pay and you aren't getting ripped off.  I bought a neat t-shirt for a little less than 3$.  I also picked up some sandals and a pair of glasses, both of which were knock-off name brand.  I would have rathered they weren't branded, but I was specifically looking for these two items when I came so I bought them anyways.  Also the whole "fake" thing here is crazy, they make fake everything and some of it looks so real, without really really looking hard, that it really sucks for the people who actually spend the money on the real stuff.  I pretty much just assume every LV bag some girl is carrying is fake, and if it's actually real it would be hard for me to believe them just because most aren't.












Couple foods from today.



And my purchases, shirt, glasses and sandals cost 9$.



Comments