Touge Session

鋸山 Mt. Nokogiri



Friday my girlfriend and I took the ferry from Kurihama over to Chiba for some hiking.  We left at about 2pm so it was about the hottest part of the day to go lol.  Surprisingly the ferry was really affordable at about $12 for a round trip ticket.  It is very big, you can load up your car on it if you like.  It has a couple floors to it and they offer food and drinks on board, so you don't have to worry about stocking up beforehand if you are in a hurry like we were.  We made it there with only about 5 minutes to spare >_<.  Despite being hot, the weather was perfect.  The sky was crystal clear.

We were both really hungry, so we bought some yakisoba and fried potato to eat on the 40 minute journey there.






View through my sun glasses.


Looking back at Yokosuka.


Arriving into the port.


The water was surprisingly really nice, I think I will make a trip back and try some snorkeling in the near future.




The town you arrive in is very small, and seems to cater to the tourists.  You will find this sign when you arrive, surprisingly it wasn't that east to find the walking route.  If you decide to take the cable car up instead of hike you can expect to walk about 20 minutes or so to get there.  I think the cable was is about $5 each way, although I did't use it.


We found a bunch of little kittens :)


I seen this flower, I don't know what it is, but it is for sure one of the coolest flowers I have ever seen.



Old caves dug into the mountains from back in world war days.


Starting the hike.



My first peek at a view after hiking about 30 minutes or so.  Some parts of the trail do get very narrow and thick with vegetation. Do be careful to watch your step, I seen a couple of animals/bugs that most people wouldn't want to see haha.


This is a really neat place, and it is so close to Yokosuka it is hard to believe.  I truly felt like I was in another country when I was here.



I made it to the peek.  It took about 50 minutes or so and was really intense at some points.  There are some areas with extremely steep stairs, and it was very very hot out.  When I reach the top my shirt was so soaked with sweat I probably could have rung it out.  In order to go from here to the other area where the statues are you have to decend and re-ascend lol.. So enjoy the workout.




This butterfly was hanging around at the top of the mountain.







When I made it over the to first carving there was a booth saying you had to pay to enter, but it was closed so I am not sure if they don't charge anymore or what, but just make sure you have some money just in case.








We caught the 6:25 ferry home which was absolutely perfect to watch the sunset behind Mt. Fuji, you can see it peeking out to the left of the sun.  I drank a couple Asahi's on the way back.  I was really sore the next day.  After all the hiking we we running late to catch the ferry so we basically jogged another 4km to get back with 5 min to spare again lol.  It was a great workout day.  This is probably one of my favorite day trips close to Yokosuka because you get such a different feeling while you are here.  My parents are coming to see me in 2 weeks so I will probably return again with them.


Comments