Touge Session

1JZ Meet @ Fuji Speedway

Every year there is a JZ meeting at Fuji Drift Park and I was lucky enough to be in Japan this time of the year.  There were a lot of nice cars and the weather was absolutely perfect. Driving to Fuji is always so beautiful.  There are small mountains everywhere, the sky is blue and the air is clean..well until you get to the track at least.


I took some pics in the parking lot by where we parked, just a few of the cars that caught my eye.  If you are a jz lover this is the event for you.  I would say there are 200+ cars here every year from all over the country.



MarkX's are really neat cars.


Of course there are other models mixed in the parking lot, but in order to drift you have to have a 1j/2j engine, doesn't matter what chassis it is in.  I really like Cefiro's and you don't see too many anymore so I took a pic of this one.


For some reason I really like the Nissan March even though it's not a drift car I always think having one would be a fun tuner/grip car.


GC8 for the subbie lovers.


Walking up to the track now.



Pretty cool that this car and the red one below it are both the same car; both conversions were done well.







This one had an Audi front end on it, I don't care for it but it was done well at least.


Crazy diffuser setup on this Chaser.

D1 guys were out doing a demo run before lunch.


The yellow MarkX was my favorite out of the group of professionals.  It is driven by Kuniaki Takahashi and makes around 900hp I believe.


One neat thing about drift park is you can stand on the wall as people try to get close and rub their bumpers.


Some people get too close lol.  Unfortunately he under steered straight into it and messed the car up pretty bad, he was waiting on a tow truck when I left.


One clip of some action and wreck aftermath.


Comments