Touge Session

It's Just Life

I've been wanting to blog for a good month now, but consistently put it off because I get overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed with what you ask, creating worthwhile content.  I have so many pictures and things to share and catch up with that I really didn't know where to start.  So here's the deal.  I re-did some bits on the the layout and am starting with this.  I have spring vacation, car stuff, and a trip to Hong Kong to share on top of the normal day-to-day type stuff.


I just want to talk a bit about what has been happening in life in this post.  I've been self studying for the Security+ certification in the IT world.  As some of you know I have been teaching English in Japan for work.  That's all fine and dandy for what it is, but it isn't a career.  The IT industry is pretty appealing if you think about the future of the world.  This could turn into a huge discussion, so for the moment I will just leave it at that.  I'm still very on the fence about what to do in the future as I really only foresee myself being happy via owning my own business.  BUT, that being said, I made it a goal to get the certification.  So at this point getting it is not only a step towards a possible career change, but also a progressive step in my life by achieving a personal goal.  The last few months have been pretty rocky for me.  I've realized that one of the main sources of my unhappiness is a lack of job satisfaction.  So after getting into a decent routine I've found myself a bit happier.  I now wake up a whole hour earlier than I need to before work.  This has provided me with a new found happiness in the mornings.  Although I don't want to go to work, I do head there in a much better mood.  Getting up earlier allows me to take my time in the morning.  I get to enjoy a good breakfast, make a good cup of coffee (which only used to happen on weekends due to rushing to make it to work on time), and often listen to music while doing some stretches or exercises.  

After work I generally run 5-6km.  I run probably 5 days a week.  I workout for 2 main reasons.  Firstly, its physically healthy.  That's obvious right?  Second, is for mental health.  It's taken me a long time to realize how amazing exercise can be for your mental health.  I'm not talking just about just stress relief.  I mean mental control.  Working out when you don't feel like working out.  Continuing to push when your mind or body wants to stop.  Most people will associate these feelings with the body being tired, which in some cases may be true, but many times can be overcome by mental strength.  I often find after pushing myself through an energy slump, is when I gain the most energy.  That allows me to finish my workout with a boost.  That being said, even if you end it on a "bad note", ie a bad workout, at least you did what you did.  Is there really such thing as a bad workout?  I mean of course some days are better than others, but no one ever finishes their workout and regrets what they did, only what they didn't.  A lot of this ties into meditating, which I've gotten very into lately, but I will leave that topic for another day.

So what else is new?  Well, I went to Hong Kong a few weeks ago, so I will be making a post about that soon.  That's one of the posts that I have been putting off just because there are so many pictures to go through lol.  This may all pick up a bit more after I take my IT test, which should be the end of this month.  At the moment I'm spending a good amount of my free time studying, so I apologize in advance if posts are slow to come.

Comments