Touge Session

Tokyo Tower

When you hear "Tokyo" you may think of many places.  Often those include Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower.  It's a bit hard to believe, but I have lived in Japan for around 7 years and never once visited Tokyo Tower.  The other day I was in that area taking care of some other business and decided it would be the perfect time to make a visit.  The weather was nice and it was just transitioning from daylight to sunset.  My gf and I took a long walk in that direction.  As a had a beer or two along the way we eventually made it and decided to visit the top as it was relatively cheap at about $10.


For some reason I always thought Sky Tree was much more interesting, I guess just because it's larger and newer.  However, I really enjoyed Tokyo Tower, especially in the evening.  It's definitely beautiful in it's own sense.  The red color and pure industrial feel it portrays is really cool.



Of course, the views are great as well.




If you are in Tokyo and have the time I would definitely recommend visiting both.  If you are on a tight budget and don't want to drop the big money for Sky Tree ,consider TT as the cheaper, but just as gratifying experience.


Comments