Touge Session

School

Well I have started sitting in with the kids during the Kanji lessons lately. Last time I borrowed another students materials, but today the teacher gave me my own brush to write with as a gift :) So today I sat in with the kids. It is a lot of fun for me, I feel like a kid again, and it gives me time to interact with the kids other than just teaching them english. Today we wrote the kanji for road/street (michi). We did 3 papers, the first is supposed to be practice, but it ended up being my best one, so the teacher took it to hang with the students. The next best I kept to bring home because I have begun to collect/decorate with them. For those that don't know anything about kanji, you have a specific stroke order that has to be done. Also positioning/size/and how you maneuver the brush all play into how well you do. The Kanji I am talking about is the one on the left in the picture, the one on the right is pretty horrible lol.. but oh well it still looks cool and I learned how to write it properly. All the teacher's students were telling me how good it is, that it is better than most of the students so I should be really proud.. so I am haha.. Unfortunately I don't have a small brush to write my name and the grade level, so it doesn't look very good because its too thick :/ Anyways I really enjoy studying kanji this way, you spend 45 minutes on this one symbol, so it really gets stoned into your memory well. Anyways here is the pic:

Photobucket

..and for those who do know Japanese the teacher insists I write my name in hiragana, because she says I am Japanese so I don't need to write in in katakana haha.

Comments

  1. Nice update bud, these are neat. Dont forget about me, I want atleast one of these puppies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeaaaaaaaaa hiragana buraiahn.

    you know whats funny?

    You can write kanji better than I. =[

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment