Touge Session

Chiang Rai

I got in Chiang Rai last night, I really like it, even more than Chiang Mai.  Of course both are much better than Bangkok.  This temple is right next to my hostel, which is called Mercy.  Mercy is yet even better than my last two, I don't know how I keep getting so lucky finding these awesome hostels.  This one has a pool table, lots of outside space, great rooms and facilities. 



Wat Rong Khun, or the white temple, may be my favorite ever.  It is just so different.  It is still being added on to but has only been built recently, the outside depicts a hell type scenery.  The inside is painted with very modern art, including comics, anime, and recent events such as the twin towers incident.












Of course it wouldn't be Thailand if there wasn't any gold.


This is the artist behind the design, he also had an art gallery which was amazing too, however photos were not allowed.


After the white temple I went to the Khun Korn Waterfall.  Such beautiful scenery riding here, and once I arrived.  It was very jungle like.  Tons of tropical plants just growing wildly, as well as the biggest bamboo I have ever seen.







Lastly is the Baandam Museum, which is basically a dark temple with someones collections of lots of taxidermy and other funky dark type items.







So far Chiang Rai has been really cool, I am just sitting in the courtyard at my hostel now.  I will go eat dinner soon, but haven't decided what I am doing tomorrow.  I think I may head up to Laos and get ready to cross the border and take the slow boat to Luang Prabang.

Comments