Touge Session

Da Nang, Vietnam

Caught my flight to Da Nang, Vietnam after returning to Hanoi from Halong Bay.


Danang is situated on the coast line about in the middle of Vietnam.  It was a really pretty, but small city.  One of the attractions is dragon bridge, which looks really neat at night.






I had a scooter so I rode around and went to the beach after the bridge.  There was a good view of Lady Buddha from the water, this is zoomed quite a bit though, maybe 20-25x.


The next day I head out again on the scooter and rode up to the mountain she is situated on.  It was really beautiful up on the mountain, and riding the scooter on the coastline as well.





After that I went to Monkey Mountain, which is in the same area.  It was the highest point in Danang, and offered great views.  It was however cloudy the day I went so you couldn't see too far too well.



After that I went to marble mountain.  It is a park type temple type area.  Tons of marble has been extracted from the mountain, and the caves also served as hiding areas for the Viet Cong during the war.



I love drinking fresh coconut, especially when it is as cheap as it is here, roughly $1.50usd.



Later that night I had to catch the plane again to head to Ho Cho Minh (Saigon).

Comments