Touge Session

Kuang Si Waterfall

I got on the tuktuk for a 50ish minute ride out of town to go see this waterfall that everyone is talking about.  After arriving I was instantly impressed.  The water is a very turquoise  color, although it is freshwater.  It must pick up its color from the rocks.  I hiked up about 3 miles to the spring where it all starts and the water was just crystal clear, it looked like drinking water.  I did a rope swing there a couple times and started running short on time so I ran back to the waterfall.  Once I got there, after having my path be obstructed by cattle that is, I stripped down to my undies again and did a couple jumps in from a log that was about 8 feet up.  The water was really cold, but felt great after my run down the mountain.  Anyways, have a look for yourself!  If you come to Laos you have to come here, this is by far the nicest water I have ever seen outside of the ocean.






This is by the spring, I don't know if you can tell in the pic or not but its about 1 meter deep and super clear.


From the top of the fall.



There are many areas of small falls as well, you can swim in about 3 of the 10 or so areas.






Oh I forgot to mention, kind of random but when you fist enter the park they have a bear refuge lol.  There were probably over 10 bears here lounging around.


Very nice little trip to take, the standard rate for a tuktuk there is 50,000kip if there is a group of people going.  If you are alone like me just find one that already has people in it or tell the guy you want to look for other people and he will drive around trying to get a group together.

I had an oat covered french toast with mango and creme for breakfast, the place is called Joma and is a little pricey but very good, they have many pastries and pies as well.


Comments