Touge Session

Siem Reamp (Angkor Wat), Cambodia

My mom and I arrived here after about a 7 hour bus ride.  Siem Reap is a much smaller town than Phnom Penh.  I find it more enjoyable as well, not to mention way cleaner.  I can definitely see why this is the most popular place to come.  After the hotel we booked tried to put us in a non-a/c room (I booked an A/C room) we didn't give in and they sent us to their other hotel, which is actually nicer, so it worked out well.  Last night we just walked around, ate, and had a beer.  Later in the evening we rented a scooter that way we could get up super early and be to the Angkor Wat to watch the sunrise.  I highly recommend doing this instead of the tuk-tuk.  Also, 1 day was more than enough for us.  Everything started looking the same and honestly after starting at sunrise, by about 1pm I felt like I had seen enough.  I know lots of people stay for 2, 3 or even more days, but unless you are either unable to move around quickly, or are just super into history, you probably wont want to do more than 1 or MAYBE 2 days.  It was really nice to see the sun come up, and also to walk around for a few hours without it being too hot.  It costs 20$ to get in for one day, and is very large, you will not be able to go temple to temple without transportation of some sort.

I'm not going to go into detail about what the Angkor Wat is, just wikipedia it for information.  Some of the ruins date back to around 900ad though so they are over 1000 years old.  Pretty awesome!







Wild monkeys roam the temples, I seen about 20 of them today :)


















Comments