Touge Session

Singapore Pt. 1

I arrived in Singapore last night.  They have a good metro here, very similar to Japan.  I was able to take the train from the airport to my hotel for around 2$usd, so very affordable.  I am staying close to Little India, which is only 1-2 stops on the train from all the touristy stuff.  Today we explored around a lot, as I will post in the pictures.  My impression of Singapore is good.  It is a lot like Japan as far as being very clean, easy to get around, but the people are just very different.  There are so many cultures here so you get a lot of variety.  The city is nice because there is a lot of greenery mixed in, and it is very tropical.  Tons of palms and "rainforesty" type plants everywhere, so it's very pleasing to the eye.

First of all here is Marina Bay, it's very nice, lots of high end shopping.


The famous Merlion



A couple Pano Pics



The famous Marina hotel, it looks like a ship at the top, and is in fact a big pool.  Too bad I'm too broke to stay at a place like this lol.





Gardens by the bay, They have several areas you can pay to go into, I chose to do the cloud forest only though.



Neat masks before entering the cloud forest.  It cost like 11$usd to get in.  It was definitely worth the money in my opinion.





One really neat thing I seen in the forest was this exhibit that had Lego plants mixed in with the regular plants.  I thought it was really cool and it reminded me of Mario for some reason lol.









Lastly I went into Little India.  It was crazy, you go from regular Singapore, to feeling like you are literally in India in a matter of seconds.  I was there about an hour and seen like 5 people walking around who weren't Indian lol.  I thought it would be like China Town, where there are lots of tourists, but it wasn't.  It was a really neat experience to feel like I was in another country so quickly.  People are everywhere and there are tons of shops selling cheap goods and food.


Tomorrow I am planning to go to Southern Ridges and China Town so we will see what that brings!

Comments