Touge Session

Parents in Japan Pt. 4

Day two in Kyoto.  To start our day we went to Fushimi Inari Shrine.  It was pretty hot out so we opted to do this first since it is a little workout.  Inari shrine is famous for thousands of Tori gates throughout the woods.  I would say it takes a good 2-3 hours to see it all.






Seen this guy in the bathroom.


Beautiful contrast between the blue sky and the green trees.





Next up was Kiyomizu Temple, which is one of my favorites.  It boasts nice views along with really nice structures.






The platform of this deck is made entirely without nails.


Last but not least is Kinkakuji.  It is probably one of the most famous temples because it is covered in gold leaf.  I actually didn't take many pics of it this time, you can find plenty of better ones online.


After the temples we walked around the city looking for dinner.  This was a really nice Chinese restaurant, which was in a neat building so I snapped a pic.



I had the best tantanmen of my life while here.  Luckily I found out there is another branch of this restaurant here in Yokohama so I will be visiting soon.



Comments