Touge Session

Europe Trip Pt. 2 (Greece)

The next stop after Turkey was Greece.  I flew into Athens and took a taxi to downtown.  I had a crazy ass taxi driver that drove 180kmh the whole time on the highway when the limit was like 80-100 lol.  Anyways here are some pics from Athens and Aegina Island, which we took a day trip to via ferry.  My biggest piece of advice when visiting Athens is to stay in, or around, the Plaka district.  It's by far the nicest area I seen while walking around.  I was really glad I researched areas to stay before choosing there.



I ate so many gyros.


Neat small streets in a hillside neighborhood.





At Acropolis now.  This was an old theater.









Nice  blue water.



The water was really clean.  We ended up buying masks and cheap snorkels to do a little snorkeling.  The salt content is much higher than here in Japan, so it was super easy to float out in the water and swim around without fins.  The visibility was excellent, I would say somewhere around 15+ meters.  



Greek salads come with a huge chunk of feta cheese, so if you like feta I would highly recommend them.



Nearby church.



View of the The Parthenon/Acropolis from a rooftop bar.  The view at night was amazing, but it was hard to get a good picture on my phone so I'm not posting it.



Comments