Touge Session

Miami Beach 2021

Earlier this year my girlfriend and I took a spontaneous trip to Miami, FL.  She was visiting me in Wisconsin during the winter and after a while the cold was getting to be too much, so we booked a trip to Miami and headed out about a week or so later.   I had been to Florida before, but never Miami, so this was a first for both of us.  Going from averages of 20 degrees F to upper 70s felt incredible to say the least.



There isn't a whole heck of a lot of sightseeing to be done in Miami Beach area, but it's definitely a happening place.  We spent most of our days walking the streets looking for good places to eat and doing some shopping.  Luckily for us, because of the whole Covid situation, public transport was free.  So when we arrived at the airport, we were able to go done to the bus stop and catch a 40 minute ride straight to our destination free of charge.  

This is the back road that runs along the beach, it's closed to traffic so lots of people were always out walking around here.


The beach was beautiful of course.


Lobby area of our hotel.  We stayed with this company that had a few boutique hotels, ours was called The President I believe, and was about 2 blocks from the beach.


This street was really popular for restaurants and was lit up beautifully at night.  I think we walked like 10 miles a day.  Everything was very walkable, which led us to be able to explore all day long and enjoy guiltless dinners and drinks :)


Havana Cuban restaurant.


The night time vibe was always much different from the day.







In the mornings I would get up and go for a run along the beach.  There were always a lot of people out exercising and getting their day started, which helped motivate me to do the same.  I can say without a doubt I miss being able to run along the water and then jumping in when I was done with my run.   The water was pretty chilly since it was winter but it felt great to jump in for a couple minutes at least.



It was usually breezy but she looked great as always :)


Catching some lunch, I had a cubano sandwich.




We were in part mode every evening.  Took this pic after a few drinks and ready to head out for the evening lol.


Of course we had to grab seafood one evening while we were there.


The famous "Betsy Orb" was located just behind our hotel.


As per tradition I had to stop at a local coffee shop.


When in Miami Beach you will see tons of high end cars (usually all rented), but they were neat to see.


Relaxing near the beach under some palm trees.



Ate at Chalan on the beach.  I believe it was Peruvian?  Either way highly recommend this restaurant, it was our last dinner in Miami before catching the flight home the next day.


I bought this shirt, which I really like, but it is now destroyed because I wore it fishing too much lol.


Minami grabbing some lunch before sitting out on the water.






Some of the best pizza I've had no doubt.  I bought this right before getting on the bus back to the airport.


The trip was too short of course but it was definitely one for the memory bank.  We had a great time and we look forward to exploring some other locations in the future.  Miami definitely left a good impression on me :)







Comments