Car Update

New SR:  86mm hone, oem main/rod bearings, oem thrust washer, balanced crankshaft, balanced flywheel, new freeze plugs, light deck with new...

New SR:  86mm hone, oem main/rod bearings, oem thrust washer, balanced crankshaft, balanced flywheel, new freeze plugs, light deck with new timing cover/oil pump installed, new oem pistons and rings.  New timing chain kit, new water pump, all new seals, decked/milled head, new valve guides, new valves, new stem seals, BC Springs/Retainers, oem cams and lifters.  That is the gist of my new setup.  I will continue running about 17/18 psi on this t28 until I can afford cams and a gt28 or something of that nature.

Well as a lot of you know I am doing a full rebuild on my sr20.  I blew a headgasket for the 3rd time and this motor has a lot of miles so it is time for a tune up.  Well actually I went with a whole new bottom end.  As you can see from the pic below 2 of my cylinder walls were pretty damaged, enough so that I felt a bore was necessary, which I wanted to avoid. 


Here is my other blocks cylinder walls.  This is the one I took to the machine shop.


All ready to go to the shop here.  Organization and proper labeling is key to getting it all back together easily.


Also I had my water lines re-routed from behind the block so that there won't be a coolant line back in a hard to reach place anymore.  If you have an sr I am sure you know what I am talking about.  I also had the nipple welded shut.


Instead this is the route I will be going.  s14 waterneck with a nice AN fitting I rigged up.


Today my backordered DIF solid bushing came in so I installed that.


Also as you can probably see I also bought a brand new power steering rack.  That combined with the bushing should make the steering feel pretty nice.  I will also be getting a full angle setup soon with 25mm extended flca's.


Once I got everything all installed I also took the time to re-center my rack, I had to take off the tie-rod on the pass side because it was so off center and misaligned that it was slamming into the control arm; whereas on the driver side it was about 15mm away.  These are pics of how my alignment looks now with the steering wheel straight.  I will be getting new tie rods soon anyways to accompany the longer flca's so at that point I will do an alignment.



I did a wrinkle red job on my rocker cover today.  Also a bright silver with glitter flake for the plug cover.  It turned out ok.


Lastly I changed my old deep corn suede for a classic Nardi 330 with silver face.  For those that remember the diamond button I made, I did a little customizing on it to retro fit it into the wheel. :)


I leave for Japan in 1 day basically so hopefully I will have some cool updates for that y^_^y


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Flickr Images

Search