Touge Session

Hong Kong Pt. 3

As I mentioned before there wasn't a whole lot that I wanted to do while I was there, but the main thing was to see this area.  It had a large Buddha and a really nice temple nearby.  More about it below.

The day started at this snack food place.  This place is famous for this bread type snack filled with a variety of things.  Mine was banana and chocolate.  It was really good.  Definitely recommend.


Minami had the chestnut filled one on the right side.


After that I had searched for a good coffee place on google.  Out of all that popped up I narrowed it down to two.  We stopped by this one called "N1 Coffee & Co.".  Quality was definitely up to par.  The taste of the coffee was excellent.


Lots of food in this post.  We had lunch a bit later.  I had some noodles with a sauce to mix them in and a soup on the side.


We made our way over towards the Buddha after that.  There are a few options for going to it.  One is a several hour hike, and the other two are bus or gondola.  The bus is very cheap and quick at a couple dollars, and 45 minutes.  The gondola is expensive, but of course you get the experience.  We opted to do the bus up and the gondola down.  This not only saved us a little money, but it also gave us two different perspectives.  I was able to see some really neat houses and beach side scenery via the bus, so that was cool.  Once you arrive to the top it will look something like this.  There is a small touristy "town", and then the Buddha and a temple in the background.


Cows and dogs seems to run pretty wild around.  This one was particularly pretty I thought.



Some stairs going up.  Living in Japan I found them to be very easy to climb but a lot of other people seemed to be having a rough time walking up them all haha.


The temple in the distance.



The views from up here were really nice.





The gondola was an experience itself.  It lasted about 20 minutes or so, and provided amazing views.  I definitely would recommend spending the money on this as well.  It ended up being one of my favorite parts of the trip.



Giant apartment as you make it back down to the bottom of the lift.


Shortly after browsing a local supermarket we made our way to the bus and went to the airport a little early for our midnight flight.  All in all the trip was really good.  I was worried we wouldn't have enough time to really do much but I found it to be a good amount.  Also, Hong Kong wasn't exactly what I expected, but I'm still really glad I was able to go and experience what I did.  I'm not sure where I will go next, but hopefully somewhere soon in the near future.

PS.  At some point we ate at this pizza place, we just shared one slice, but it's definitely worth a mention.  It was good, and if you get the hankering for a slice of pizza definitely check it out!



Comments