Touge Session

Nagano English Camp

I volunteered for an English camp through my work last weekend.  We left Yokohama on Thursday and came back Sunday afternoon.  The camp was a lot of fun, but I had to work a lot more than I thought.  I still enjoyed it though.  It was a free/paid trip so I'm not complaining.  Here are some pics from the trip.

Small towns on the way to the mountains.


Dinner the first night was sukiyaki.


My room the first night.  I got forced into switching into a shared room and basically no longer slept the rest of the trip because my room mates snored loudly.  I can't sleep when people snore..



There was a bath house at our hotel so that was probably one of the highlights of the trip.  Every morning for a short time and late at night for about an hour was spent soaking in a hot pool overlooking the mountains chatting with my friends/co-workers.  In Japanese bath houses you go into a shower room and was up well prior to getting into the bath.  Everyone is required to be naked so it can be awkward at first for some people, but after you do it once or twice you should be fine.


The ski lift by our hotel for the winter.


Lots of places are styled European in Japan, it's funny but neat.  This reminded me of Germany.


There was a nice lake near the hotel so I went down there a few times to relax and escape from the students.




I hiked up the hill about half way by my hotel and took this picture.


One more of the lake.


Last night there we had a bonfire, you can see lots of the kids lined up in a circle around it.




All finished.

Comments