Touge Session

Europe Trip Pt. 3 (Italy)

After Greece I flew into Rome.  I stayed in Rome for about 5 days, and took a 1 day trip to Tivoli, which is a really nice and quaint town about 2 hours away.  Honestly aside from the historical sights to see in Rome, I wasn't a big fan of it.  I was really glad to leave.  It was rather dirty and overrun with tourist traps and foreigners trying to sell shit.  Don't expect to get a nice Italian vibe from Rome, at least I didn't.  After Rome we went to Florence, which was a bit better, however definitely lacks in the things to see aspect.  I mean after seeing all the amazing sights in Rome it was kinda hard to beat that.  I spent 3 days there and that was enough for me.  Lastly in Italy was Venice.  Venice was really neat.  Surprisingly clean as well.  Definitely purchase the water taxi pass so you can ride unlimited.  It cost 40 Euros for 3 days, but had I not bought it, it would have cost me probably 70 or so.  The water taxi runs to a nearby island with a beach too, so that was a nice way to deal with the heat.  Italy was over 100 degrees (F) in Rome and Florence so be prepared in the summer.  Venice was a bit cooler, which played into it being more enjoyable.  Italy was always kinda my dream country to see in Europe, and I am glad I did, but after it's done now I can honestly say I probably wouldn't go back.  If I did it would have to be to smaller and less touristy towns where you can get more culture and less BS.  On to the pictures.

Photos will never capture the beauty of seeing these churches in person, but I have to post them anyways.

Rome:




The fountains were amazing in person.  I wasn't originally too excited to see them, but am very glad I did.











The Colosseum 









I thought this reaper was neat and bizarre inside a church.


Michelangelo's sculpture.



Pasta in Tivoli






The Vatican, which was amazing.  


Egyptian artifacts and mummies in the Vatican.












The grounds.




Neat little 2 seater cars.


A really weird and tall bike.


Bullet train to Florence.


Our apartment in Florence, it was by far the best we stayed in.








Probably the best pizza I had while in Italy.





Venice:





Mask shops were everywhere in Venice.






We cooked dinner at the apartment a couple nights to save money and relax.


Dreaming that I owned one lol.


Comments